Frequently Asked Questions...
Please find below a list of Frequently asked questions here at Afford in Stoke-on-Trent. Select a question to see our answer...
- Covid compliance information
- All vehicles are sprayed down and disinfected pre-delivery. They are also sprayed down and disinfected when cleaned on-site by our cleaning team.
Only 1 person can now clean a vehicle.
When our cleaners are on-site they wear masks and gloves.
All keys are sprayed down with the Ultra AX spray before and after hire.
We have floor signage for customers to follow 2m social distancing.
The staff have their own stationary.
We have reduced the number of staff in the office to allow more than a 2M distance and staff who can work from home are doing.
We have regular office cleaning throughout the day to clean door handles, phones, keyboards, and desks with an Ultra AX cleaning spray that is proven to kill Covid 19.
All staff in the office have been supplied with gloves and masks and have also signed to say they are happy to work in the office.
We have provided each work station with hand sanitiser over 77% alcohol.
We have installed a full anti-spit Perspex work screens to separate our staff from our customers.
All waiting area chairs have been removed from the office.
We have provided customers with hand sanitising stations for entrance and exit of the office.
We only allow 2 customers in the office at a time.
We have refitted all new work signs throughout each office to prompt hand washing and sanitising.
We have a 1-way system for staff to follow through the office.
Again our drivers and cleaners are provided with gloves, masks and hand sanitiser.
Our drivers can only travel 2 in a 9 seater bus on a delivery or collection.
We have stopped drivers from using the canteen and have removed chairs.
We have fitted extra hand sanitiser stations in the garages and canteens.
The garage manager has completed the online Covid 19 course.
- What do your car rental charges include?
- Afford rent a car quoted hire rates include V.A.T and FULL INSURANCE with NO EXCESS, collision damage waiver and mileage. We are probably the only car and van hire company in Cheshire and North Staffordshire to offer fully inclusive rates with NO DEPOSIT, the quoted price is what you will pay!!
- What do your car rental charges not include?
- Our prices are fully inclusive, meaning no nasty surprises for the customer.
- What are your opening times?
- All branches are open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.45pm and Saturday 8.30am to 5.00pm. Fenton is open on Sundays from 9.00am to 5.00pm. Crewe and Stafford are closed on Sundays.
- What documentation do I need when picking up my rental vehicle?
- You MUST bring a valid, current, full driving licence for each intended driver, remember the driving licence must be valid for driving in the UK. You also need to bring 2 forms of id verifying your current address such as utility bill or bank statement.
- I have driving licence endorsements, can I still hire a vehicle?
- Yes you can still hire a car under 6 points on your license. If you have more than 6 points on your licence, we may still be able to hire to you, however you will need to contact us to discuss your endorsements. Our insurers may refuse to provide cover for certain endorsements.
- Can I take the car hire from the UK to Europe or overseas?
- You can take our vehicles to the continent but you need to ring the Afford offices for a quote.If however you are flying and require a vehicle for travel aboard we can book a car through our partners Sixt via the website.
- What if I hold an International Driving License?
- If you hold an International Driving License, please call the office on 01782 848 627 to check if your license meets our insurance requirements.
- Can I guarantee a particular make or type of car hire vehicle?
- The vehicles illustrated within this website are for guidance only and may be substituted for an alternative, similar or upgraded car (at no extra cost). We will, however, try and accommodate any request for specific vehicles you ask for.
- What type of promotions do you run?
- We run a variety of promotions throughout the year, there is a standard 5% discount for booking online; remember to check back often as these discounts could be up-to 20%! Check out our special offers page. Also special offers and discounts for our Facebook friends! Don't forget to 'like' our page!
- What should I do if my rental vehicle breaks down?
- All the vehicles on the fleet are regularly serviced and checked before each new rental, therefore, breakdowns are rare. However, each vehicle is fully covered for breakdown assistance, please contact our 24 hour emergency contact number (01782 848627), our on-call staff will be happy to help in any way they can.
- What if I need to change or cancel my rental reservation?
- Please provide us with 24 hours notice if you need to change or amend your booking.